Together We Build Dreams
About the job
Summary of Position
Boston Institute of Biotechnology LLC (BIB) is a fast-growing contract development & manufacturing organization (CDMO) that provides bio-process solutions to biotech companies. BIB is seeking a Regional Business Development Head – West Coast to develop new client accounts along the western United States while maintaining and strengthening existing relationships in conjunction with other regional heads. The primary responsibility of this position is to grow direct sales by establishing relationship/partnership with biotech, life sciences, and pharmaceutical companies and clients.
*Candidates must be located in or near a major metropolitan area along the west coast of the United States.*
- Drive company sales to meet company sales target.
- Work along with the executive team to establish sales strategies and build strong client relationship.
- Provide sales presentations to internal and external clients.
- Assist in quotation preparation for prospective sales proposals/orders.
- Achieve team and individual Sales Quota targets and KPIs.
- Mentor and manage junior associates to achieve sales targets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or Business discipline required, advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in sales or transferrable skills in biotech or bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Passion in sales and high self-discipline
- Extensive existing biopharmaceutical industry contacts/network
- Prior experience with biopharma contract service providers (CRO, CMO and/or CDMO) is desired.
- Strong commercial and client focus with excellent negotiation skills.
- Outstanding ability to build key client relationships.
- Self-motivated and goal oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and in a team environment.
- Must be located in or near a major metropolitan area of the western US (San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, etc)
- Some travel may be required for this position, including international.
- Effective organizational and staff management skills.
- Flexible and results oriented.