Together We Build Dreams
”Search, find and apply to our job opportunities at Boston Institute of Biotechnology. Bring your insight, imagination and healthy disregard for the impossible.Peng JiaoCEO, Boston Institute of Biotechnology
About the job
A Sr. Scientist I at BIB is a highly motivated individual that works as the supervisor/project lead for one or more relevant projects, and mentors the involved junior scientists. Through significantly contributing to the operation of BIB and to defining the direction of growth of BIB, the Sr. Scientist I at BIB is among the core members that significantly influence the performance and growth of BIB.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in planning, designing, and conducting experiments, analyzing data and documenting results towards development and optimization downstream processes and/or achieving goals for cross functional development teams
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the technologically innovative efforts of the relevant project teams
- Supervise setup, operation, and routine maintenance of AKTA and Process equipment. Monitor processes to ensure consistency and reliability
- Work independently, analyze and interpret experimental data, and present/document experimental results at meetings. Provide reports and prepare scientific presentations as needed. Write/revise batch records and technical reports
- Play a leading role in maintaining group awareness of relevant scientific literature and new technologies. Participate in/lead the evaluations of new technologies and their potential applications and business impacts. Maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories and contribute knowledge base through literature review, conferences attendance and publication
- Provide technical coaching (matrix management) of and motivate junior staff members to high performance by providing mentoring, training, and appropriate supervision in process development activities
- Participate in management in terms of resource planning, project management, etc.
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes
- Ensure and promote safe environmental and laboratory practices
- Ph.D./MS/BS degrees in biology, biochemistry, biomedical/biochemical engineering, or related fields
- Ph.D. with ≥5 years or MS with ≥8 years or BS with ≥10 years of experience in downstream bioprocess related process development, scale-up and tech transfer to cGMP manufacturing facility in biotechnology, pharmaceutical or related environment
- Design and develop primary recovery, chromatography, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, viral filtration/inactivation, and formulation for biologics drug substances development,
- Strong hands on experience with AKTA purification systems (purifier, explorer, AKTA Pilot and Process skid) is required, ability for AKTA equipment trouble shooting is highly preferred.
- Strong experience with ion exchange, hydrophobic, mixed mode and affinity chromatography with AKTA purification systems.
- Strong experience in TFF process and filtration development
- Able to analyze complex downstream process related problems, develop strategic initiatives and execute technical programs, and make recommendations to executive management.
- Proficiency with protein assay, gel electrophoresis, HPLC, ELISA is preferred
- Process scale-up, scale-down, and tech transfer. Experience in design-of-experiment and excellent ability to analyze and interpret data collected
- Good knowledge/experience of cGMP working environment
- Strong technical, organizational, and communication skills, as well as the good ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems
- Proven strong ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated capacity to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong teamwork/collaboration spirits and good ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Proactive attitude to learn new technologies and manage changes in process development and process scale-up
- Client focused, results oriented, and science and innovation driven with good financial awareness
- Advanced written skills
- Attention to detail, and the ability to multitask
- Proficient with the use of MS Office software (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint) and statistical DOE software including JMP, Minitab, Design Expert etc)
- Flexible and results oriented